Monday, September 26, 2011

Memorizing the Periodic Table of Elements

I want to flash forward for a moment to more recent history:

One of the songs I wrote in the Spring of 2011 was a rap of the elements. My sister told me that was something the high school students really needed help memorizing. Apparently she was right, as it has been by far my most popular video so far.

As of this writing, it has over 22,000 views on YouTube, with 143 likes. And quite a few comments from students who said it helped them memorize the table.

So, not being one to rest on my laurels, I added two more videos to help the memorization process, and hopefully provide a little more enjoyment on the way. The first was just a karaoke version of the elements rap.

For the second, I tried to see if I could turn the actual symbols of the periodic table into a song. I was rather pleased with the result.

Here are all three videos:

Original version:



Karaoke version:



Periodic table SYMBOLS song: